Damm Good Catering and Abbotsford’s Au79 café and roastery have joined forces once again for another six-course dinner degustation. However, this time around the feast is not focusing on truffle as the main ingredient. Instead, this Friday’s dining experience (22 April at 6:30pm) is all about duck, pork and pinot.
It’s the gold standard at Au79 with Damm Good Catering’s Duck, Pork and Pinot Degustation. Get your tickets to dine here.
Please note that the dishes displayed are from a previous six-course degustation by Damm Good Catering at Au79.
Prepared by chef Thomas Damm, one-half of the creative duo that gave us edible cocktails and head of Damm Good Catering, this duck and pork degustation is going to bring out the best of the locally sourced ingredients. From the opening snacks—duck fat popcorn, chorizo and Gruyere souffle served with pinot and cherry tomato chutney and crispy duck skin as well as duck leg rillette on blak sesame lavosh pinot gel and prosciutto crumb—to the star dishes, your mouth is going to water.
But just so you know exactly what you’re getting into, the dishes on the night are:
- 72 hour cooked pork jowl on warm sauerkraut, slow asparagus with pinot and duck liver pate on brioche
- Confit duck ravioli on beetroot and charred broccolini with pork crackling
- BBQ’d spare rib croquette on green beans and flat potato gratin with pinot BBQ sauce
- Smoked duck breast on honey-carrot puree with broad beans, pinot reduction and pancetta roquette emulsion
- Jamon wrapped pork fillet on truffle cauliflower with black pudding, duck fat potatoes and pinot Jus
- Pinot noir chocolate tarte with slow-cooked cherries and almond-orange tuile
In the hands of Thomas Damm, who began his culinary journey in some of Germany’s best Michelin-starred restaurants before sharpening his knives at the Melbourne Club and the Stokehouse, you can rest assured that this epic degustation is going to go down sweetly.
All six sumptuous courses can be paired with wines from two of Victoria’s finest wineries, the historic Brown Brothers as well as Yarra Valley’s Innocent Bystander. Both produce pinots that, like the dishes you’ll be feasting on, are adventurous and worth savouring with friends.
This six-course Duck, Pork and Pinot Degustation takes place at one of Melbourne’s premier cafes, the good as gold Au79. Located in Abbotsford, the café is also a coffee roastery, chocolatier, bakery and patisserie and no stranger to quality. In fact, you could say that quality is all that they do and this dining experience is no exception.
Savour the flavours of Australian duck, pork and pinot at Au79 on Friday 22 April with this six-course dinner.