Good rhythm, catchy melodies and memorable lyrics are just some of the qualities of a pop song. Add hundreds of glowing candles, a stunning or iconic venue in Melbourne and supremely talented, classically-trained musicians and you’ve got Candlelight Pop, a series of tribute concerts celebrating some of the modern era’s biggest-ever stars and hits.
Table Of Contents
At Candlelight’s pop tribute concerts, you’ll get to hear incredible performances of your favourite songs while candles glow, flicker and shine bright. But, it won’t be like the originals, the ones you heard on the radio, on TV or have been streaming constantly since their first play.
These artists we all know have been chart-toppers (some across decades), gone platinum multiple times over, sold-out stadium tours and been major cultural figures that have influenced not just musical tastes, but also fashion and dance as well. They’re a part of music history and they’re getting the Candlelight treatment.
Some, though, are artists that never started out as pop singers, pop groups or pop bands. Nonetheless, they’ve found popularity and found themselves at the top of the charts with songs that transcend genres and blend together styles. No matter what you describe them as we just can’t get them out of our heads.
Upcoming Candlelight Pop Tributes
- A Tribute to Coldplay at Athenaeum Theatre 2 on Wednesday 18 January
- Coldplay National Theatre Melbourne on Thursday 19 January
- A Tribute to Adele at Athenaeum Theatre 2 on Saturday 28 January
- A Tribute to Queen at National Theatre Melbourne on Thursday 2 February
- Candlelight Originals: Sounds of JOY. at National Theatre Melbourne on Thursday 2 February
- Best of Fleetwood Mac and More at National Theatre Melbourne on Friday 3 February
- A Tribute to JJ Lin at Athenaeum Theatre 2 on Saturday 18 February
More Candlelight Pop concerts are in the pipeline and we’re also looking to see the return of past favourites that have already wowed audiences. Keep an eye on this space for more to come as well as more Candlelight concerts with tributes to jazz greats, rock legends and famous film scores.