The pastries at Lune Croissanterie are the stuff of legend. In 2016, the New York Times declared that they had the best croissants in the world. Indulge yourself by visiting this Melbourne icon, and trying some of the new flavours on the January menu. Among them, is a Lamington Cruffin, and a Cherry Ripe Twice Baked Pain au Chocolat. Are you drooling yet?
Here is the January menu at Lune Croissanterie
- Coffee Hazelnut Twice Baked – a traditional croissant with hazelnut frangipane and an oozy espresso caramel, topped with frangipane, hazelnut pieces and toffee. This is finished with an espresso praline drizzle. Available in Fitzroy only. Pre-order online and over the counter.
- Lamington Cruffin – this cruffin was inspired by the classic Australian sweet. It’s filled with raspberry jam and whipped cream. It’s covered in chocolate ganache and dessicated coconut for that yummy lamington look. Available in Fitzroy only. Pre-order online and over the counter.
- Tomato Tart – a unique circular pastry filled with onion jam, a layer of gruyere and a thick slice of heirloom tomato. It shines with a sherry glaze. Available in Fitzroy and the CBD. Over the counter only.
- Peach & Yoghurt Danish – this summer danish is filled with a layer of peach compote, yoghurt cream and fresh peaches. Available in Fitzroy only. Over the counter only.
- Cherry Ripe Twice Baked – pain au chocolat filled with cherry frangipane, buccaneer ganache and maraschino cherry halves. It’s topped with flaked coconut and more frangipane, then garnished with a dusting of Mörk and a sprinkle of freeze-dried cherry. Available in Fitzroy and the CBD. Pre-order online and over the counter.
- Cinnamon Bun – this bun is shaped like an escargot, and filled with roasted walnut pieces. It’s topped with a cream cheese glaze and finished with a sprinkle of roasted walnut pieces. Available in Fitzroy and the CBD. Pre-order online and over the counter.
These new pastries are available until January 31. Of course, the usual famous croissants and other delicious staples are still available to purchase.
Pre-order the pastries through the website or visit them in-store.
Find Lune Croissanterie at 119 Rose St, Fitzroy VIC 3065 or Shop 16 in 161 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000.