The pastries at Lune Croissanterie are the stuff of legend. In 2016, the New York Times declared that they had the best croissants in the world. And now, they’re baking up plenty of delicious treats as part of their May specials.
Monthly specials at Lune Croissanterie
There’s no better way to show someone you love them than to give them food. And if you’re still scrambling for Mother’s Day gifts, pop over to Lune and pick up a Persian Love Cake for your mum this weekend. This tasty treat is a twice baked traditional croissant, filled with rosewater pistachio frangipane and a slab of Persian love cake. It’s topped with slivered pistachios, pearl sugar, rosewater buttercream and dried rose petals.
This Mother’s Day special is available in all stores from Friday May 6 to Sunday May 8. This croissant is not available to purchase online.
Other Lune specials include:
- Lemon Shaker – this perfectly citrusy croissant is all about the lemon. There’s lemon syrup, lemon curd and lemon and almond frangipane full of macerated lemons. It’s topped with slivered almonds and torched Italian meringue. This lemon shaker is available online, and in the Fitzroy and Brisbane stores.
- Pina Colada – if you like Pina colada, getting caught in the rain, and cruffins, you’ll love this treat from Lune. It’s got Malibu pineapple jam, whipped coconut cream and dehydrated pineapple. Find it in Fitzroy, Brisbane and online.
- Potato & Sage Danish – if you love savoury carbs, opt for this potato-bake-inspired Danish. There’s a portion of stacked potato bake inside the Danish, as well as sour cream béchamel. This is glazed with sage and rosemary infused brown butter, and topped with a crispy sage life. Find it in Fitzroy and Brisbane stores.
- Neenish Tart – this flaky and crisp tart is filled with house made strawberry jam, chopped fresh strawberries and whipped Chantilly cream. It’s topped with the signature black and white or black and pink ganache. Find it in Fitzroy and Brisbane stores.
- Cheese & Vegemite – this pastry is filled with Vegemite and Swiss gruyere béchamel. Before baking, it’s topped with extra cheese. Find it in all Lune stores and online.
- Choc Banana – last seen in 2020, this twice baked pain au chocolat is filled with chocolate frangipane, banana jam and salted caramel. On top, it’s covered with chocolate crumb, rum cream and cocoa nibs. Find it in both Melbourne stores and online.
Moon Cruller Specials
Meanwhile, if you feel like even more baked goods, pop over to sister store Moon Cruller in Fitzroy. The specials this month are:
- Miso Black Sesame – a slightly sweetened miso glaze topped with black sesame seeds. This is available Thursday May 5 to Sunday May 8.
- Honey – this cruller is drizzled with runny honey and topped with freeze dried Manuka honey and sea salt. Find it from Thursday May 12 to Sunday May 15.
- Apple pie – apple glaze with spiced streusel. Available Thursday May 19 to Sunday May 22.
- Coconut & Lime – coconut cream and lime glaze finished with lime zest. Available Thursday May 26 to Sunday May 29.
Check out their website for more info, or visit them in-store if you’d like to browse through their standard pastries.
Find Lune Croissanterie at:
- 119 Rose St, Fitzroy VIC 3065
- Shop 16 in 161 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Shop 1 in 13-17 Manning Street, South Brisbane QLD 4101
Find Moon Cruller at:
- 50 Rose St, Fitzroy VIC 3065