Dance under a giant mirror ball and feel transported back in time at the So Frenchy So Chic Bastille Day Soirée. Shake your body to the best French music, from ’60s Yéyé to ‘80s French Disco and ‘90s French Touch. This adults-only dance party will take place in North Melbourne’s Meat Market on Saturday July 9, from 5pm to 11pm.
Bastille Day Soirée by So Frenchy So Chic
For one night only, Francophiles and music lovers alike will have a blast at the So Frenchy So Chic Discothèque. Expect live performances from DJs, and a unique live performance of the Yé-Yé 2.0 music project, featuring Ali Barter.
The dress code for this event draws inspiration from the iconic Jane Birkin and Serge Gainsbourg. Think sequins, tuxedos for him and her, late ’60s minis, 70s maxis, lace, bell-bottoms, double denim, and the boldest accessories you can find!
To keep your energy up, there will be a range of French delicacies to try from Hotel Gitan, Frederic and Milk the Cow. Pre-ordering is recommended, and your last chance to pre-order food is Tuesday July 6 at midday. Items on the menu include:
- Fondue – Swiss Gruyere, Appenzeller, Comté and Emmenthal cheeses melted together with white wine and served with bread
- Cheese box – three French cheeses with lavosh and quince
- Bouillabaisse – crustaceans, mussels, cod, mouillettes and sauce rouille
- Panisse – chickpea panisse, roasted cauliflower and mix nut dressing
- Boeuf Bourguignon – red wine braised beef, onion, bacon, mushrooms and pomme mousselin
- Waffle Suzette – served with Brandy custard
- Charcuterie – serrano jamon, pork rillette, Lonza, Capocollo, cornichons and pickled red onion
If you miss out on the pre-order, there will be other food available on the night, including raclette, goat cheese, cordon bleu or baguettes.
During the night, there will also be champagne, cocktails and surprise arts performances. Tickets start at $55 per person, but there are also packages available for groups of 10 to 15 people. These packages include champagne, cheese and charcuterie hampers and oysters.