These school holidays, you might just see some colourful unicorns wandering around Newquay Promenade. That’s because Docklands is transforming into The Playground, a fun and interactive place filled with carnival rides, street performers and more. The Playground will run from Thursday April 21 to Sunday April 24.
The Playground at Docklands
After a successful run last year, The Playground is coming back to Docklands. Over 20 thousand people visited the area, and this year, event organisers would like to see that number grow.
“Across four wonderful days, The Playground will fill Docklands with vibrant street performers, face painters, interactive experiences, carnival rides and delicious food,” said Lord Mayor Sally Capp.
Expect heaps of fun and free events spread over three creative zones, including:
- Unicorn Garden – In this magical space, you’ll join Kittycorn, Rainbowcorn, Funkicorn and their fairy friends. Frolic among marshmallow trees and princess seats.
- Circus Street – Check out some exciting circus performances, try an Amazing Balancing Act, and visit the Great Disappearing Tunnels of Fire.
- Yarra River of Giants – Clamber over some giant creatures from the Yarra River, including Pam the Platypus, Murray the Cod and Eleanor the Short-Finned Eel.
- NERF Fun – Enjoy a NERF battle with your friends and sharpen your skills.
- The Whale’s Tale – See a 45-minute interactive show at 11am and 2pm.
The Playground is suited for children aged between 4 and 12. It will run each day between 10am and 6pm.