Tourism Australia has announced Australia’s best beach for 2022. And honestly, it’s a true hidden gem, which is what we like to see. Judged by conservationist and “beach expert”, Brad Farm AM, this year’s winning beaches are set to excite travellers around the country (and the world) to plan a visit.
With its white-sand beaches and idyllic turquoise waters, Misery Beach in Western Australia has been named Australia’s best beach in 2022. But before you let the name deter you, have a peek at the lesser-known beauty, which can be found near Albany. To be honest, it looks anything but miserable.
As for the runners up, there’s one Victorian beach that made the top 10 and two more that made the top 20. Loch Ard Gorge on the Great Ocean Road took out 5th place. Then, Thompsons Beach in Cobram came 12th and Mots Beach in Marlo made 14th place.
Top 20 best beaches in Australia for 2022, courtesy of Tourism Australia:
- Misery Beach, Albany, WA
- Horseshoe Bay, South West Rocks, NSW
- The Spit, Gold Coast, QLD
- Flaherty’s Beach, Yorke Peninsula, SA
- Loch Ard Gorge, Port Campbell, VIC
- The Neck, Bruny Island, TAS
- Blue Pearl Bay, Whitsundays, QLD
- Depot Beach, South Coast, NSW
- Murrays Beach, Jervis Bay Territory, ACT/NSW
- Dundee Beach, Darwin, NT
- Dudley Beach, Newcastle, NSW
- Thompsons Beach, Cobram, Rural, VIC
- Coogee Beach, Perth, WA
- Mots Beach, Marlo, VIC
- Alexandria Bay, Noosa, QLD
- Emu Bay, Kangaroo Island, SA
- Lake Wabby, K’Gari (Fraser Is), QLD
- Congwong Beach, Sydney, NSW
- Jellybean Pool, Blue Mountains, NSW
- Ethel Beach, Christmas Island, IOT