Feel transported to the vibrant city of New Orleans at this new outdoor pop-up bar. Located on the forecourt of Southbank Theatre, home to Melbourne Theatre Company, Bar Botanique will make you feel like you’re in the iconic French Quarter. Dine on Po Boys and sip Southern-style cocktails from now until March 2023.
On the menu, you’ll find tasty treats inspired by Cajun and Creole flavours. Feast on items like:
- Buttermilk fried chicken Po Boy with remoulade, lettuce and hot sauce
- Crispy fried prawns with Cajun spice, aioli and lemon
- Creole French fries with yellow mustard Kewpie
- Cos lettuce salad with buttermilk dressing and capers
There’s two signature cocktails to try. Will you go for the NOLA Gin Fizz, with Melbourne Gin Company Gin, Chandon Spritz, lime and citrus crystals, or the Pimms Cup with Pimms lemonade, ginger syrup, cucumber, basil and strawberries. A selection of beer, wine, cider and soft drinks are also available.
On select evenings, there will be live jazz performances to create a magical atmosphere.
This outdoor venue will feel like a retreat, with plenty of lush tropical style planter boxes and foliage. Bar Botanique is operated by The Fresh Collective, the same operator behind Miss Pearl Bar + Dining in Southbank Theatre.
Bar Botanique is open:
- Monday to Saturday, 5:30pm to 9:30pm
- Wednesday, 11:30am to 2:30pm
- Saturday, 12pm to 2:30pm