Down in Mornington Peninsula, in the heart of Dromana, you’ll find a collective of incredible local artisans. From distillers to cheesemongers, this unique group of makers and trades have gathered together in one precinct, so that you can find fresh produce, craft goods and more in one easy place. Known as Dromana Habitat, this passionate community is a creative place for both locals and travellers to visit and feel inspired. And they’re throwing a special Launch Party on Saturday March 4.
This artisanal precinct will celebrate its launch with a program of tastings, demonstrations, masterclasses and workshops. The full program for the Habitat Launch Party will be released in February. In the meantime, expect live music, classic car shows, food trucks, roving entertainment and free kids activities. Jetty Road, Bass & Flinders, TwøBays and Jimmy Rum will also serve beverages from the onsite bar.
There’s 15 different producers to discover. They are:
- Bass & Flinders Distillery – serving up a range of gins, brandies and liqueurs, you can visit their Distiller Door and enjoy a drink at the bar.
- JimmyRum – the first dedicated craft rum distillery in Victoria.
- TwøBays – this brewery has nine coeliac-friendly and vegan beers on tap, as well as tasty woodfired pizzas and local cider.
- Jetty Road Brewery – this brewery is open for lunch and dinner, and regularly has local live music entertainment.
- Rhino Tiger Bear – enjoy wine tastings at this family-run Urban Cellar Door and try humble wines with refined and elegant character.
- Rahona Winery – this winery has a new tasting room and bar, so you can try their sparkling wine alongside their cheese platter or other small bites.
- The Vegan Dairy – enjoy plant-based dairy, including their renowned goats-cheese-style cheese made from organic cashews.
- Boatshed Cheese – this award-winning fromagerie is renowned for its handmade, artisan French-style soft cheeses. They also stock milk, cream, yoghurt, cheese condiments and even ice cream in summer.
- Mornington Peninsula Cheese Merchants – these cheese merchants stock delicious cheese, dairy and charcuterie products. Soon, they will have a dine-in option, as well as classes and events.
- Bass Surfboards – discover custom-made surfboards, surfing accessories and more.
- Everwear Denim – check out custom-made, hand-cut bespoke jeans that are made to last.
- Peninsula Fresh Seafood – find fresh and locally caught fish, oysters, prawns, scallops and crabs.
- Little Rebel Coffee Roastery – these roasters offer unique blends from ethically farmed beans.
- Red Hill Candle Co – this space showcases candles from regional makers, and regularly has in-store activities and workshops.
- Verdant Dwellings – explore their wide range of indoor plants, pots and plant accessories.
The Launch Party will run from 10am to 5pm at Dromana Drive-In. Entry is $15 per person, with kids entering for free. Additional food, drinks and rides will be available to purchase upon entry.