Madame Brussels Lane will soon transform into a bustling marketplace inspired by 1920s Europe. Across four Fridays this July, you’ll indulge in cheesy comfort food, Bavarian pretzels, mulled wine and more winter favourites. European Night Market will return from July 8 to 29, with a larger and sweet line-up than ever before.
European Night Market
Warm up with plenty of winter comfort food at this European Night Market. There will be plenty of delicious treats from some of Melbourne’s favourite vendors, like:
- Spaghetti tossed in a 40kg wheel of Grana Padano cheese from That’s Amore
- Paella from Elena’s Paella
- Sausages and pretzels from Bavarian Bangers
- Hot raclette straight from the French Alps by Frencheese
- Traditional Polish dumplings from Pierogi Pierogi
- Fresh panzerotto from Il Panzerotto
- Torched lemon tarts and crème brûlée from White Wheels
- Sweet and savoury crepes from Les Crepes de Marion
- Traditional Sicilian ricotta cannoli by Cannoleria
This event will be plastic-free, with beverages served in paper cups or aluminium cans, and food served in biodegradable materials.
There will also be live entertainment and performances to transport you back to the 1920s. See Parisian dancers do the classic can-can. Then, listen to a French accordionist, or hear The Wikimen play music from the 1910s, 20s and 30s. There will be mimes, and even a hilarious French policeman who will issue mock fines and infringements to passers-by.
Retailers along Madame Brussels Lane, like Little Lon Distilling Co, will also trade at the market. Keep an eye out for their range of on-theme offers and deals.
The market will run on Friday nights in July, from 5pm to 10pm.