European Night Market is returning to Madame Brussels Lane. And, after massive attendance last year, this market is extending into Little Lonsdale Street for the very first time. Step into a winter wonderland across each Friday in July, and find a fun German twist. Sip on Bavarian beer, feast on German sausages, snack on traditional pretzels and more. European Night Market will run on Fridays, from July 7 to July 28.
European Night Market
Take a stroll down Madame Brussels Lane and Little Lonsdale Street, and warm up with plenty of winter comfort food. Indulge in delicious treats from some of Melbourne’s favourite vendors, like:
- Bratwurst sausages from Bavarian Bangers
- Pretzels and artisanal pastries from Mellow Beans
- Italian spaghetti tossed in a wheel of Grana Padano cheese and cannoli from That’s Amore
- Spanish paella from Elena’s Paella
- Deep fried camembert cheese from Frencheese
- Traditional Polish dumplings by Pierogi Pierogi
- Fresh panzerotto from Puglia by Il Panzerotto
- Sweet and savoury crepes by Les Crepes de Marion
- Freshly baked and torched crème brûlée from Crème Bru Lee
- Danish doughnuts from Jamm’d
- Crispy potato twists by Twistto
- Loaded hot dogs and chips by Pokéd
- Lobster and king prawn rolls by Claw & Tail
Little Lon Distilling Co, located at the northern end of Madame Brussels Lane, will offer an array of European-themed cocktails. Try a Warm Dutchy, a mulled Dutch-style gin, and a Spiked Orange Hottie, a warm gin and orange infused hot chocolate. There will also be G&Ts, mulled wine, beer, cider and Victorian wines available to sip.
Feel transported to Europe with plenty of live music and performances. Feel entertained by the German Trio Band and European Band, see stilt performers and dancers, and laugh with a group of German entertainers, including German Papa Gluck and Heidi the Hula Hoop Pretzel, all dressed in Lederhosen and Dirndl outfits.
Ballerinas in jewel-covered costumed will dance throughout the evening, and the comical Great Christmas Gizmo and Mr Frost will perform, immersing you in a magical winter wonderland.
Entry to the European Night Market is free. It will run from 5pm to 10pm on July 7, 14, 22 and 28.