NGV has launched their summer blockbuster exhibition, Alexander McQueen: Mind, Mythos, Muse. Before or after you check it out, be sure to pop into Hilton Melbourne on Little Queen Street (LQS). They’ve got heaps of hotel experiences to elevate your culture trip, including themed cocktails and a striking floral design from Fleurs de Villes. Treat yourself even further, and opt for the Stylish Stay Package, which includes an overnight stay at Hilton Melbourne LQS, as well as tickets to the NGV exhibition.
NGV experiences at Hilton Melbourne Little Queen Street
Hilton partnered with NGV, as well as Fleurs de Villes and Australian Bartender of the Year, Nick Tesar, to create unique experiences inspired by Alexander McQueen. You can enjoy them as either a hotel guest, or as a visitor.
Pop into the hotel lobby this December, and discover a stunning dress design from floral artists, Fleurs de Villes. The design takes inspiration from ‘Sarabande’, McQueen’s romantic gothic 2007 Spring/Summer collection. The fresh blooms come from local florist, Flowers Vasette, and they will be replenished throughout December, so you can see something fresh every day, from now until December 22.
After you’ve admired the installation, head into the bar, The Douglas Club, for four Alexander McQueen-inspired cocktails. There’s two alcoholic, one low alcohol and one no-alcohol option for you to try. These will be served for the duration of the exhibition.
The cocktails are:
- Evolution & Existence – this sour-style drink uses Melbourne Gin Company’s Gin as a base. It combines peach liqueur with vermouth, raspberry verjus and lemon. It’s shaken over ice, and dressed with a dusting of crystallised rose petals over a butterfly stencil.
- Mythos – this drink showcases the flavours of Evolution & Existence without the use of alcohol. Seedlip Grove is combined with peach shrub, Lyre’s Dry Vermouth, raspberry verjus and lemon. It’s shaken over ice, and is dressed with a dusting of crystallised rose petals over a butterfly stencil.
- Muse – this refreshing low alcoholic option is a whisky-based spritz with flavours of orange, honey and lemon. Gospel Solera Rye is combined with Marionette Orange Curacao. honey syrup, lemon and soda. It’s shaken over ice, topped with sparkling wine, and served in a flute. It’s striped with honey syrup and dusted with crystallised verbena and mint.
- Deliverance – this drink combines Starward Nova Single Malt Australian Whisky with honey syrup, sweet wine and two dashes of orange bitters. It’s individually bottled, poured at the bar and served over ice.
Stylish Stay Package
Treat yourself to a little staycation with the newly launched Stylish Stay Package. This is available for the length of the exhibition, from now until April 16, 2023. It includes:
- Overnight accommodation in your choice of room category (premium room types and suites available)
- Breakfast for two at Luci
- Two tickets for the Alexander McQueen exhibition at NGV
- A special welcome amenity curated by NGV
This package is priced from $380.
One lucky follower also has a chance to win this package. To go into the draw, follow Hilton Melbourne, NGV Melbourne and Flowers Vassette on Instagram. Like Hilton Melbourne’s Fleurs de Villes post and tag a friend in the comments before December 23.