Head over to Bourke Street Mall and take a peek inside the Myer Christmas Windows. This year, celebrate the wonder of Disney, with plenty of gorgeous windows that will take you right back to your childhood. From Peter Pan to The Lion King, watch some of The Walt Disney Company’s favourite characters come to life as part of the 67th year of the Christmas Windows.
Myer Christmas Windows
The Christmas Windows have been a tradition for families around Melbourne since 1956. This year, you’ll find colourful scenes depicting some of your favourite characters and movie scenes across the six windows. As you admire the displays, you’ll feel immersed in the scene with the help of some unforgettable Disney songs, like Let It Go and Circle of Life.
This year, you’ll find:
- Mickey and Minnie soaking in the sun on their Hawaiian holiday
- Mary Poppins, Bert and the Banks children along with some adorable penguins
- Peter Pan taking Wendy, John and Michael on a night-time flight above London
- Simba, Nala, Rafiki, Timon, Pumba and Zazu on the iconic Pride Rock
- Elsa from Disney’s Frozen embracing her powers
- The Disney Studios’ opening sequence, featuring Tinker Bell
The Myer Christmas Windows are open every day, from 7:30am to midnight.
There’s more magic upstairs
After you’ve admired the windows, head upstairs to Level 6, and walk through the Disney 100 maze. This maze showcases some of your favourite Disney characters. After that, head up to Level 7 between 11am and 3pm, and make some Mickey Mouse ears to take home.
The iconic Santaland is also back. Hop on the Santaland express, send Santa Claus a letter in Santa’s Workshop, and meet the man in red himself. Bookings are strongly recommended.