There’s just something marvellous about a good high tea. And now, after opening The Continental Sorrento only a few months ago, Scott Pickett has thrown his chef’s hat into the ring, and launched his own high tea offering. Get ready for classic favourites and inventive bites every Sunday, inside The Atrium.
High tea at The Continental Sorrento
In his early days in France, Pickett worked with some of the best pastry chefs around the world. After that, he worked at the Windsor Hotel, which has served up the longest running high tea in Melbourne. So, rest assured, Pickett knows a thing or two about high tea.
Working alongside Head Pastry Chef, Kevin Gully, they developed a vibrant menu full of sweet and savoury bites. There’s the classics of course, like fresh scones served with house-made marmalade and cream. Meanwhile, the rest of the menu will rotate weekly, and involve a collection of both indulgent and inventive treats, like:
- Pavlova with lemon myrtle meringue, lemon Chantilly, blueberry jam, fresh blueberry
- Smoked salmon, cream cheese, finger lime, soft herbs, bagel
- Apple rhubarb and ginger trifle with crumble, ginger compote, vanilla creme diplomate
- Spanner crab croissant, tarragon, shallot, lemon crème fraiche
- Choux pastry, green tea cream, yuzu Chantilly
- Mushroom chive vol-au-vent, shimeji mushroom à la grecque
- Coconut cassis finger with coconut sponge, cassis cream, coconut whipped ganache
- Croissant of San Daniele prosciutto, Comté cheese, French mustard
Wash it all down with a premium selection of teas by Yugen, or pop a bottle of champagne. Other drinks will be available at an additional cost. Vegetarians can be catered to upon request.
This high tea experience is set inside The Atrium, a timeless, conservatory-style dining space that will welcome you to the elegance of another era. Found within the heart of The Continental Sorrento, the space features trailing greenery, floating lights and a soaring glass ceiling.