It seems like every corner of the city is lit up with the Melbourne Christmas Festival. And when you’re not admiring the sparkling trees or exploring the Christmas markets, be sure to pay a visit to Birrarung Marr for some much-needed fun. After delighting us with their festive cheer last year, the Christmas Carnival is back for round two of festive frivolity. This carnival is on from now until Friday December 23, from 11am to 10pm.
The spectacular carnival is filled with all the classic fair attractions. Hop on the rides, play carnival games, and tuck into some tasty carnival food.
Take in city views on the Ferris Wheel, or when spinning 35 metres in the air on the Sky Flyer. Zoom around on dodgems and have fun on the Candy Swing.
Rides on site include:
- Chant’s Amusements Big Wheel – $10 each, 4 people for $35, gondola for $50 (up to 6 people)
- Dodgem Cars – $12 per car
- Sky Flyer – $12.50
- Chants Rock Star – $10
- Samba Balloons – $7 per ride or 5 rides for $30
- Cup and Saucer – $7 per ride or 5 rides for $30
- Candy Swing – $7 per ride or 5 rides for $30
- Go Gater Roller-coaster – $7 per ride or 5 rides for $30
Carnival games include:
- Ball in the Bucket
- Laughing Clown
After seeking thrills on the rides and playing games, visit the carnival-style food trucks for a well-deserved snack.
The Christmas Carnival is free to enter, with extra costs for rides.