Stay busy with these awesome activities.
Have you run out of things to do at home during lockdown? This list should help you find some inspiration. Watch stuff online, get things delivered to your home, try a workshop and more! What will you try this weekend?
1. Get the royal treatment at Royal Stack’s pop-up event
They will be at Good Times Milk Bar on Saturday September 18, from 4pm to 9pm.
2. Order some mooncakes for the Mid-Autumn Festival
The festival will be on Tuesday September 21, so it’s best to pre-order your mooncakes now.
3. Celebrate Negroni Week at home
Get a cocktail delivered to your door.
4. Chat to a stranger with Dark Talk Time
If it’s been a while since you’ve had a deep and meaningful convo, Dark Talk Time can help. They’ll set you up with an anonymous stranger, and give you careful questions to create meaningful connections.
5. Solve a murder on this augmented reality game.
It’s based on a true crime that happened in Melbourne over 120 years ago!
6. While you’re at it, check out these brilliant games that were made in Melbourne.
Stay busy during lockdown and try some of these games made by talented game developers around Melbourne.
7. Get high tea delivered
Treat yourself to something fancy and get high tea delivered to your door.
8. Keep a look-out for superb fairy-wrens
If you’re in Parkville, keep your daily walk exciting by looking for fairy-wrens. In this citizen science project, help the City of Melbourne by tracking their behaviour and movement.
9. Watch the penguins at Phillip Island
After running successful live streams of the penguin parade in 2020, Phillip Island have brought back Live Penguin TV. Watch the little guys waddle from the sea to the shore every night from 6pm on the Phillip Island Nature Parks YouTube Channel.
10. While you’re at it, watch the falcons at 367 Collins
Situated on a rooftop, this is the only known nesting site for peregrine falcons in the CBD. Last year, we watched falcon chicks grow and take flight. Now, the livestream is back. What will the falcons do this year?
11. See the Zoo at home
Zoos Victoria has a whole range of online animal encounters that you can check out at home. If you’ve seen enough of our Victorian zoos last lockdown, why don’t you check out Sydney’s Taronga Zoo for a change of pace?
12. Go even further and explore live streams of animals overseas
Explore the wildlife of Africa, see cool bears, be moved by different animal sanctuaries and much more in this awesome live nature network.
13. Get your Pokémon fix with Krispy Kreme or McDonalds
It’s the 25th anniversary of Pokémon this year.
14. Express your feelings to a tree
There are over 70,000 trees in the City of Melbourne, and you can email every single one of them.
15. Read a good book
Curl up on the couch with that book you’ve been meaning to read.
16. Get coffee delivered straight to your door
Perfect if you’re missing the Melbourne café scene. You can also check out Feind to discover coffee roasters outside of Melbourne.
17. While you’re thirsty, get cocktails delivered too
Espresso martini, anyone?
18. Make your own cocktails!
There are five easy recipes to follow.
19. Grab your friends and try out an online escape room
That’ll have you scratching your noggin.
20. Try these games out too!
It’s the perfect lockdown activity.
21. Check out these 12 virtual experiences
Cooking, comedy and astronomy await!
22. Start training for the Nike Melbourne Marathon Festival
The marathon is in December, but you’d better start training now.
23. See the museum from your own home
Museums Victoria has a series of virtual tours for you to explore. Click here to check out Museum At Home.
24. Vote for Victoria’s State Fossil Emblem
There are eight fossils to choose from. Only one can win. Voting closes on October 4.
25. Experience NGV at home
Take an interactive virtual tour around some exhibitions at NGV. Check it out here.
26. Try a ballet class at home
27. Send flowers to someone special
Perfect for any occasion.
28. Catch a show on Netflix
Binge your way through lockdown with their extensive catalogue of content.
29. Buy your friend a coffee with Shouta
This digital gifting app let’s you show your friends you care. This lockdown, they’ve released the Quarantini and the Quarancino to help you beat the lockdown blues. Shout your friend a small gift and spread the love.
30. Watch your favourite Broadway shows
Who needs to go to New York? See a wide range of the best Broadway shows on Broadway HQ.
31. Meditate in the Royal Botanic Gardens Virtual Garden
Take a breather with an eight minute harp meditation session, or explore Fern Gully in a Forest Therapy Session. Click here to enter the virtual garden.
32. Embrace your inner artist and take an online class
How about flower arranging?
33. Take a virtual trip to Venice at ACMI Cinema 3
Be transported to the Venice Film Festival at ACMI Cinema 3. Check out their selection of films here.
34. Explore the magnificent Petra from your living room
Shout out to Google and Queen Rania of Jordan for making this happen.
35. Treat yourself with a little dessert
Get dessert delivered to your door and eat the weekend (and the lockdown) away!