Stay busy with these wonderful activities.
It’s the weekend! Time to seize the day. If you’ve run out of things to do during lockdown, both at home or within your 15km radius, this list should help you find some inspiration. Watch stuff online, get things delivered to your home, try a workshop and more! What will you try this weekend?
1. Check out Melbourne Fringe Festival
Melbourne Fringe Festival is on from now until October 17. They’ve got a wide range of Home Delivered content to keep you entertained this weekend.
2. Try the Dalgona challenge from Squid Game
Visit Palette in North Melbourne and try your luck!
3. Tune in to ACMI for some Series Mania
Enjoy Australia’s only festival for TV. Watch some of the best new drama, comedy and web series from Australia and around the world. Series Mania will stream on ACMI’s Cinema 3 until October 17. Learn more about it here.
4. Virtually visit Fed Square for a super-fun treasure hunt
Follow the clues and find the treasure for your chance to win some cool prizes. Your mission begins here.
5. Explore the Royal Botanic Gardens by Seeing the Invisible
At this free exhibition, you’ll explore some magnificent works of art with the help of augmented reality. Discover 13 immersive virtual pieces by artists like Ai Weiwei and Refik Anadol.
6. While you’re there, take an audio tour
Explore the Royal Botanic Gardens with the ghostly voice of Baron Ferdinand von Mueller in your ear.
7. Check out these brilliant games that were made in Melbourne.
Stay busy during lockdown and try some of these games made by talented game developers around Melbourne.
8. Chat to a stranger with Dark Talk Time
If it’s been a while since you’ve had a deep and meaningful convo, Dark Talk Time can help. They’ll set you up with an anonymous stranger, and give you careful questions to create meaningful connections.
9. Get high tea delivered
Treat yourself to something fancy and get high tea delivered to your door.
10. Take a walk and discover some fabulous flowers
Spring is here so it’s time to admire the flowers around Melbourne.
11. Have a picnic!
Find the perfect picnic spot and order picnic hampers from some fantastic restaurants around Melbourne.
12. Keep a look-out for superb fairy-wrens
If you’re in Parkville, keep your daily walk exciting by looking for fairy-wrens. In this citizen science project, help the City of Melbourne by tracking their behaviour and movement.
13. Watch the penguins at Phillip Island
After running successful live streams of the penguin parade in 2020, Phillip Island have brought back Live Penguin TV. Watch the little guys waddle from the sea to the shore every night from 6pm on the Phillip Island Nature Parks YouTube Channel.
14. While you’re at it, watch the falcons at 367 Collins
The falcon chicks have hatched! Watch these fluffy birds feed and grow.
15. See the Zoo at home
Zoos Victoria has a whole range of online animal encounters that you can check out at home.
16. Get coffee delivered straight to your door
Perfect if you’re missing the Melbourne café scene.
17. Grab your friends and try out an online escape room
That’ll have you scratching your noggin.
18. Try these games out too!
It’s the perfect lockdown activity.
19. Check out these 15 virtual experiences
Cooking, comedy and astronomy await!
20. Start training for the Nike Melbourne Marathon Festival
The marathon is in December, but you’d better start training now.
21. See the museum from your own home
Museums Victoria has a series of virtual tours for you to explore. Click here to check out Museum At Home.
22. Experience NGV at home
Take an interactive virtual tour around some exhibitions at NGV. Check it out here.
23. Try a ballet class at home
The Australian Ballet may not have any performances until 2022, but they do have online ballet classes that you can try at home. Begin your ballet journey here.
24. Send flowers to someone special
Perfect for any occasion.
25. Catch a show on Netflix
Binge your way through lockdown with their extensive catalogue of content.
26. Meditate in the Royal Botanic Gardens Virtual Garden
Take a breather with an eight minute harp meditation session, or explore Fern Gully in a Forest Therapy Session. Click here to enter the virtual garden.
27. Embrace your inner artist and take an online class
How about flower arranging?
28. Enjoy the cinema at home
Before the Lido and Cameo cinemas open up their outdoor screening sessions, enjoy what they have to offer at home.
29. Explore Melbourne’s laneways
Melbourne’s laneways are being transformed into spectacular works of art, thanks to the Flash Forward project. Check them out if they’re within your 15km radius.
30. Take part in a cocktail treasure hunt
Enjoy limited-edition cocktails and try to win some treasure along the way. This treasure hunt is running for all of October.
31. See Melbourne from a whole new perspective with these open-air exploration games
Go on an adventure around Melbourne’s laneways and get in the spirit of Halloween along the way.
32. Treat yourself with a little dessert
Get dessert delivered to your door and eat the weekend (and the lockdown) away!