1. Engage your senses at The Lume’s Van Gogh exhibit
Immerse yourself as dazzling images of Van Gogh’s famous paintings are projected around the room. Be transported to another time and place through curated aromas and tastes. Tickets are on sale now.
2. Be dazzled by Moulin Rouge at the Regent Theatre.
This spectacular musical will open on November 12.
3. Attend Melbourne Fashion Week
See runways in brilliant new locations like Sea Life Melbourne Aquarium or the Royal Botanic Gardens. Then, attend talks and exhibitions, or use their special drink and dine offers to discover some of the best bars and restaurants around the city. Melbourne Fashion Week will run from November 15 to 21.
4. Play in the pink pond at NGV
Dip a toe and ponder over this dreamy installation just in time for summer. This glorious pink pond will open on November 20.
5. Return to live music at Ability Fest
At Victoria’s first major live music festival since lockdown, you’ll see musicians like Peking Duk and What So Not take over the stage. Ability Fest will take over Alexandra Gardens on Saturday November 27.
6. Discover the magic behind the movies at ACMI’s Disney exhibition
See over 500 pieces of original sketches and concept art from all your favourite childhood movies. This dreamy Disney exhibition will run until January 23.
7. Enter a new reality at The Door In Question
In this immersive theatre experience, you’ll cross the lines between the real and the imaginary. Put on a VR headset and be transported into the mind of someone that will make you question everything. The Door In Question will play at the MC Showroom in Prahran from November 5 to 9.
8. See A Miracle Constantly Repeated by Patricia Piccinini
Enter the mysterious Flinders Street Ballroom and see this extensive display of silicon sculptures from acclaimed artist, Patricia Piccinini. This exhibition opens on November 8 and will stay in town until January 23.
9. Be wowed by the Opening Night Gala at the Melbourne Jazz Festival
While this festival will take place in December, the party will start early with the Opening Night Gala on Friday November 26. Head to Hamer Hall and be swept away by roaring tunes from the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra and Christopher Crenshaw from America’s Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra.
10. Soak in the rejuvenating waters at Peninsula Hot Springs
After a long lockdown, you’ve got to pamper yourself! Escape to Mornington Peninsula and relax in the famous Peninsula Hot Springs.
11. Discover Treasures of the Natural World at Melbourne Museum
Explore this massive collection all the way from the Natural History Museum in London.
12. Pick your own cherries along the Victorian Cherry Trail
Visit eight cherry orchards around four growing regions in Victoria and pick your own fresh cherries. After that, try delicious cherry treats, from cherry ice cream to cherry jam.
13. Check out the Japanese Film Festival
Returning to the cinema for its 25th year, this festival showcases the latest and greatest in Japanese cinema. There will be plenty of action, drama and romance in this year’s jam-packed schedule, so you’ll have plenty of films to choose from. Join the festival at the Kino Cinemas or at ACMI from November 18 to December 5.
14. Roar with excitement at Jurassic World by Brickman
This mammoth lego exhibition will reopen on November 6. Go on a thrilling journey through Jurassic World at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre. This exhibition will last until the end of January, so check it out before it goes extinct.
15. Start your Christmas shopping at Postal Lane Markets
Tucked away next to the beautiful GPO building, you’ll explore a curated range of fabulous Australian creators in this new laneway market experience. Postal Lane Markets will take place every Friday, Saturday and Sunday, from November 19 to January 30.
16. Immerse yourself in a beautiful lavender farm
Wander the lavender fields and breathe in the aroma at Warratina Lavender Farm. Then, celebrate the start of harvest season at the lavender festival on November 20 and 21. There will be live music, market stalls, lavender ice cream and more!
17. Open the door to Frozen the Musical
This live-action tale of Disney’s beloved film will perform at Her Majesty’s Theatre from November 12 to January 23. Tickets are on sale now.
18. Watch a movie at one of Melbourne’s outdoor cinemas
Will you opt for a classic drive-in experience or choose a rooftop session instead?
19. Laugh out loud at Shakespeare’s As You Like It
Return to the theatre with one of Shakespeare’s beloved plays. Presented by Melbourne Theatre Company, As You Like It will perform at Southbank Theatre from November 13 to December 18.
20. Explore the Royal Botanic Gardens by Seeing The Invisible
At this free exhibition, you’ll explore some magnificent works of art with the help of augmented reality. Discover 13 immersive virtual pieces by artists like Ai Weiwei and Refik Anadol.
21. After that, take an audio tour
Explore the Royal Botanic Gardens with the ghostly voice of Baron Ferdinand von Mueller in your ear.
22. Be thrilled by the magical Harry Potter and the Cursed Child
Head to the Princess Theatre and be transported to Hogwarts and beyond.
23. Feast at Shannon Martinez’s massive vegan food hub in Collingwood
Iconic vegan eateries, Smith & Daughters and Smith & Deli, are fusing together into one massive space in Collingwood. Expect an all day canteen, open kitchen, grocery section and more. This vegan hub is expected to launch in November.
24. Gaze at the cosmos on Planetarium Nights
Head to Scienceworks on Friday nights and voyage into unknown worlds.
25. Explore the laneways of Melbourne, as transformed by the Flash Forward project
The city has emerged from lockdown with bright bursts of colour hidden among the laneways. Rediscover the city and enjoy looking at the newest additions to the Flash Forward project.
26. Fly out of lockdown by going indoor skydiving
Leave your troubles on the ground and experience the closest sensation to free-falling at iFly Melbourne.
27. Go to the zoo
Whether you choose Melbourne Zoo, Werribee Open Range Zoo or Healesville Sanctuary, you’ll have a roaring good time.
28. Be amazed by art at NGV
There are plenty of exhibitions to admire at both NGV International and the Ian Potter Centre. See contemporary art from Camille Henrot or admire the work of Melbourne-based artist Maree Clarke. After that, prepare for Golden Shells and the Gentle Mastery of Japanese Lacquer on November 25. See NGV’s website for more details about each exhibition.
29. Watch the Melbourne Queer Film Festival
Australia’s largest celebration of queer film is back in town. Take part in the film festival at ACMI, Cinama Nova or Jam Factory. This festival will take run from November 18 to 29.
30. Catch the perfect wave at Urbnsurf
Get your adrenaline pumping and sharpen your surfing skills at this massive surf park in Tullamarine. Bookings are required.
31. Play laser tag, mini golf, bowling and more for just $10
For one day only, all Funlab venues will have $10 deals to help you have a Day of Fun. All the profits will go towards Headspace, a foundation that supports the mental health of young people. Funlab venues include Strike Bowling, B. Lucky & Sons, Holey Moley and Archie Brothers Cirque Electrique. Get your $10 deals on Tuesday November 9.
32. Browse for books at Queen Vic Market
Book Market is back! Browse through over 5000 books at Queen Vic Market every weekend. Then, explore the open-air stalls for fresh produce and more.
33. Visit Australia’s largest video games venue for fun all month long
Listen to live DJs, play boardgames and drink some bubbly, partake in a Pokemon party, take part in a Tetris tournament and more! There’s a lot happening at Fortress Melbourne this month, so check out the full list of events here.
34. Travel to the Mediterranean at Vesper Bistro & Bar
Celebrate the reopening of this fantastic restaurant in South Yarra and try their new spring/summer menu. Expect delicious dishes like Corsican-style slow-cooked veal blade with pancetta, peppers and olives. Join them for their reopening weekend from November 5 to 7.
35. Delight in a Parisian bottomless high tea
Enter a lavish Parisian salon and indulge in a marvellous selection of French finger foods. There will also be free flowing champagne to enchant your taste buds. Tickets are on sale now.
36. Play this true crime game and learn about Melbourne’s history
Head to the CBD and play Eastern Market Murder. Using augmented reality, you’ll be transported to 1899 and put your detective skills to good use. Wander the laneways of Melbourne, solve a murder and learn a bit of history along the way.
37. Visit Grazeland, the playground for Melbourne foodies
Right next to Scienceworks, you’ll discover a magical place filled with all the food and drink you can imagine. From pierogi to soufflé pancakes, there’s something for everyone. On top of that, there’s live music to keep you entertained while you eat. Click here to learn more.
38. Explore Melbourne’s best spring flowers
Looking for something to do that’ll brighten up your November day? See the flowers around Melbourne before spring ends.
39. Go on a picnic
40. See Becoming You: An Incomplete Guide
Visit the Immigration Museum and remember the difficult transition from childhood to adulthood.
41. Feel transported to the Mediterranean at Arbory Afloat
Travel to the Turquoise Coast in Turkey and enjoy Melbourne’s largest outdoor floating bar and restaurant.
42. Swoon over a heart-stopping performance by Magic Men
Enjoy a cheeky night out and watch some of Australia’s best male dancers perform in Prahran. Tickets are on sale now.
43. Be your own captain on the Yarra
See the Yarra River in a whole new way by renting a deluxe boat. Gather your crew, even your furry friends, and hop aboard. Tickets are on sale now.
44. See penguins and more at Sea Life Melbourne Aquarium
They can’t wait to sea you!
45. Go for a romantic boat ride at Royal Botanic Gardens
Punting On The Lake will return to Ornamental Lake on November 19. Bookings are available now.
46. Get summer ready at Exchange Beach Club in Port Melbourne
Head to Port Melbourne beach and drink icy cocktails, play beach volleyball, rest under a cabana and more. This fabulous pop-up beach club will open on November 6.
47. Take your dogs to the beach
As the weather heats up, your pooches will want to cool down at the beach!
48. Be amazed by Queens of the Damned: The Pirate Experience
All hands on deck! This fabulous pirate cabaret experience is reopening on November 13.
49. Go on a day trip
Itching for a little getaway? Luckily, there’s plenty of wonderful places to explore just outside of Melbourne.
50. Visit Abbotsford Convent for Austen Con
Love Jane Austen? Enjoy fabulous activities related to Jane Austen, including a round of speed dating, dancing, games and letter writing. Broaden your mind with panel discussions or have fun at the escape room experience. Austen Con will take place both in person and online. Book a ticket and visit Abbotsford Convent on November 6.